FLSA Status: Full Time/ Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Grain Operations Manager PLEASE APPLY ASAP!
Summary: Receive grain, maintain grain quality, blend and load out grain to optimum grade specifications. Assists in the maintenance, installation, and repair of plant and equipment. Build positive goodwill with current and prospective customers and work safely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the core values of Ceres Solutions and projects a positive attitude at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Bin grain by type and quality factors.
- Blend and load out grain as directed to meet contract grade and weight specifications.
- Complete written activity support documents as required.
- Monitor grain inventory quality/condition and complete weekly inventory reports.
- Keep grain elevator and grounds clean; visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Operate equipment and vehicles in a responsible and safe manner.
- Monitor equipment for unusual noise and work to diagnose and repair machines as needed.
- Dismantles defective equipment and installs new or repaired parts; cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Recommend repairs and improvements to Grain Operations Manager.
- Read and follow employee polices; participate in safety training.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, professionalism and be self-motivated. The candidate will be highly responsible, flexible and dedicated to deliver results in seasons of highest demand. The candidate must work well within a team and communicate clearly. The candidate must adhere to the core values of Ceres Solutions Cooperative. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess a basic understanding of machinery operation and dry material handling.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License; USDA grain weighing and grading license (not a hiring requirement); Pest Control Applicator’s License of grade 7-E (not a hiring requirement).
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ceres Solutions Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective candidates receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, non-job-related disability, veteran status, other protected group status, or any condition prescribed by state or local law. The company provides Job Descriptions for positions to aid in orienting candidates to potential opportunities. The description identifies basic requirements, criteria and expectations. It also provides a basis for making reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Job descriptions are periodically revised, and are not to be considered all-inclusive. This description does not cover every task or duty that might be assigned, and additional responsibilities will be added at the discretion of the Supervisor as necessary. Thank you for your interest.