FLSA Status: Full Time/ Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Energy Manager
Summary: Service and grow market share for Ceres Solutions’ agricultural, commercial and residential propane gas business.
Essential Responsibilities Outlined. Other Duties May Be Assigned as Needed.
- Deliver propane gas and exceptional account attention in keeping with our brand promise to be trusted, dependable and focused on cultivating relationships and services that improve customer (and Ceres Solutions’) profitability
- Responsible for servicing and trouble-shooting of propane gas tanks and systems (vapor and liquid).
- Build and maintain positive professional relationships with heating/cooling, realty and development contacts
- Conduct pressure testing/leak checks, manage emergency requests, and perform all required upkeep and maintenance
- Communicate pertinent information to the Region Energy Manager as well as with customers and staff
- Complete logs and reports, as well as facility, equipment, inventory and inspection documentation as required
- Perform all responsibilities independently, safely and in compliance with environmental stewardship regulations
- Performs responsibilities in on-call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, professionalism and be self-motivated. The candidate will be highly responsible, flexible and dedicated to deliver results in seasons of highest demand. The candidate must work well within a team and communicate clearly. The candidate must adhere to the core values of Ceres Solutions Cooperative. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Maintain Class B CDL (tanker and Hazmat endorsements), CTEP (propane) certification and additional safety training.
Other Skills and Abilities
The ability to use appropriate energy software and technology to achieve divisional growth goals.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.