FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt (Salary)
Reports to: MI Region Manager
Summary: This position provides support and leadership to the Energy Division in a designated region (Hart, Scottville, McBain and Falmouth, MI.) of our territory to attain maximum efficiency in the production and delivery of products and services to customers as well as developing and implementing profitable marketing and sales plans. Will also provide support and direction in the areas of compliance, regulations, corporate policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Ceres Solutions Cooperative’s stated Vision, Mission, and Business Values.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers, vendors and employees at all times.
- Review inventories, margins, expenses, and responsible for profitability of locations within assigned region. Holds responsibility for all assets within their region and the return generated.
- Assist in the responsibility for maintaining Refined Fuel, Lube, Oil and DEF inventory.
- Provide advice and approval regarding staffing needs and decisions.
- Assist in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives of Ceres Solutions Cooperative.
- Responsible for the profitable growth of liquid fuels and lubricants within the designated region.
- Oversee equipment needs, replacements, and maintenance at all designated locations.
- Collaborate with Price Risk Manager to purchase and manage fuel futures contracts.
- Set daily fuel prices for tank wagon and retail locations.
- Formulate, recommend and execute policies and programs within region that will help guide Ceres Solutions in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability of the company.
- Oversee two retail fueling sites and meet regulatory requirements. Complete monthly compliance inspections.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
Regionally designated Energy personnel will report to this position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, professionalism and be self-motivated. The candidate will be highly responsible, flexible, and dedicated to deliver results in seasons of highest demand. The candidate must be dependably accessible to the Energy branches. The candidate must work well within a team and communicate clearly. The candidate must adhere to the core values of Ceres Solutions Cooperative. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of many forms of technology, e.g., database software; spreadsheet software and word processing software. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and demonstrate the ability to drive a vehicle independently.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ceres Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective candidates receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, non-job-related disability, veteran status, other protected group status, or any condition prescribed by state or local law. The company provides Job Descriptions for positions to aid in orienting candidates to potential opportunities. The description identifies basic requirements, criteria and expectations. It also provides a basis for making reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Job descriptions are periodically revised and are not to be considered all-inclusive. This description does not cover every task or duty that might be assigned, and additional responsibilities will be added at the discretion of the Supervisor as necessary. Thank you for your interest in Ceres Solutions.