FLSA Status: Part-Time/ Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Location Manager
Summary: Responsible for prompt, accurate implementation of all assigned operational tasks on site and all assigned customer service and order fulfillment tasks related to the operation of the seed hub location. Includes operating equipment, loading and unloading, and general labor of all capacities. Will also be responsible for support through soil sampling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement, support and ensure satisfactory fulfillment of all initiatives of the Ceres Solutions Seed Division and Soil Sampling department.
- Assist in providing prompt, professional labor services in all capacities, including loading and unloading, performing checks, handling maintenance issues, completing repairs, tracking inventory, and fulfilling customer orders promptly and accurately
- Ensure safe and satisfactory delivery of seed to customers with truck and tender
- Pull accurate and quality soil samples; completing daily log and accurately record GPS data
- Communicate pertinent information to the Manager as well as with customers, drivers, vendors and office staff
- Maintain and actively contribute to an exceptionally neat, orderly and safe working environment at all times
- Perform regular maintenance on seed handling equipment, fleet, and soil sampling machines
- Participate in all related safety training and successfully pass certification processes as required for the role
- Knowledge of 12-volt electrical systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Competency on iPad/iOS devices or other mobile devices.
- Perform all responsibilities independently, safely and in compliance with environmental stewardship regulations
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, professionalism and be self-motivated. The candidate will be highly responsible, flexible and dedicated to deliver results in seasons of highest demand. The candidate must work well within a team and communicate clearly. The candidate must adhere to the core values of Ceres Solutions Cooperative. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Obtain CDL (class A) as required with endorsements, within 90 days of employment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ceres Solutions Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective candidates receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, non-job-related disability, veteran status, other protected group status, or any condition prescribed by state or local law. The company provides Job Descriptions for positions to aid in orienting candidates to potential opportunities. The description identifies basic requirements, criteria and expectations. It also provides a basis for making reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Job descriptions are periodically revised, and are not to be considered all-inclusive. This description does not cover every task or duty that might be assigned, and additional responsibilities will be added at the discretion of the Supervisor as necessary. Thank you for your interest.