Status: Full Time/ Exempt
Reports to: Agronomy Regional Director
Summary: Responsible for all tasks related to the operations of the retail location, including but not limited to, daily plant operations, customer service, crop input recommendations for growers, custom application, aerial application, keeping records of work completed, managing inventory levels of CN and CPP, ordering and tracking inventory, supervising equipment and fleet maintenance, and leading location employee team and managing seasonal employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and execute timely custom application operations of crop nutrients and crop protection. In addition to other tasks, planning field applications, write work orders, prepare field maps, and dispatch/supervise nurse trucks.
- Customer service on all levels, including communications with customers regarding timing and logistical requirements.
- Proactively and comprehensively service customer agronomic needs with knowledge and sales assistance.
- Responsible for coordinating aerial applications of fungicides using software and digitizing field maps.
- Monitoring CPP and CN inventory to ensure adequate supply, minimize shrink to acceptable levels and returns.
- Ability to coordinate and perform all plant duties such as blend dry fertilizer, run liquid load out and receiving bay, operate fork trucks, load NH3 tanks.
- Responsible for workplace environment, effective teamwork and resolution of group/individual issues as they occur.
- Demonstrate leadership; model commitment to Ceres Solutions, company policies, shared values and work ethic.
- Perform all responsibilities safely and in compliance with environmental stewardship regulations.
- Maintain facility and equipment for professional appearance and good working order.
- Perform any additional recordkeeping, maintenance, inventory handling and operational tasks as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has supervisory responsibilities typically required to complete tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate will have an exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, professionalism and be self-motivated. The candidate will be highly responsible, flexible and dedicated to deliver results under pressure. The candidate must work well within a team and communicate clearly. The candidate must adhere to the core values of Ceres Solutions Cooperative. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mathematical Skills and Reasoning
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license. Proficiency in accounting and industry software or possess ability to learn. Obtain CDL as required with endorsements, within 90 days of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
Voluntary training in providing first aid and CPR.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ceres Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective candidates receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, non-job-related disability, veteran status, other protected group status, or any condition prescribed by state or local law. The company provides Job Descriptions for positions to aid in orienting candidates to potential opportunities. The description identifies basic requirements, criteria and expectations. It also provides a basis for making reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Job descriptions are periodically revised, and are not to be considered all-inclusive. This description does not cover every task or duty that might be assigned, and additional responsibilities will be added at the discretion of the Supervisor as necessary. Thank you for your interest in Ceres Solutions.